Heather Edwards – Bella Notte – Lady and the Tramp
This is a Limited Edition giclee on canvas measuring 24" x 18" (inches). It has been hand-signed by the artist. Just 295 of these incredible canvases will ever be produced in this edition!
Each canvas in the Limited Edition is also individually hand-numbered. The canvas you receive will be numbered out of the total limited edition size of 295 pieces (e.g. 37/295).
Your canvas will also arrive with an official Disney Certificate of Authenticity which references your unique edition number.
As a signed- and numbered- limited edition, this is a highly collectable work of art. Each canvas is also personally hand-embellished with unique application of additional paint strokes and detailing. This makes every canvas unique and adds incredible dimension, texture and depth to the canvas.
The irresistible moment shared between Lady and the Tramp in the alleyway behind Tony’s Restaurant had everything a hopeless romantic might dream of: two lovers coming together, charming music, good food and ambiance in abundance. And who doesn’t love puppies? Heather couldn’t help but paint these two lovebirds in their famous spaghetti scene.
As a part of the fun of painting Bella Notte, Heather included a handful of special features for the viewer to enjoy as well ...
• Behind Lady are posters on the wall of the building (reminiscent of the ones in the film) featuring Steamboat Willie.
• To the left-hand side, beneath the stairway, is an "Easter egg" for a film Heather is planning on creating a painting for in the future: The Jazz Cats from Aristocrats, and very fitting to the whole feel of the alley.
• On the label at the mouth of the wine bottle is the number 1925, which is when Walt married his wife, Lillian — this romantic scene being dedicated to them.
• The label of the wine bottle itself has a few hints of “Disney” culture, some of these will be left for your imagination…
• Lastly, in the spaghetti is a hidden Mickey! The two meatballs making up his ears and the swirl of noodles beneath creating the round shape of his head.
How will my canvas arrive?
You must select from one of three options:
- Rolled Canvas - your canvas will be carefully rolled and securely shipped to you in a tube.
- Stretched Canvas - your canvas will be "stretched" across wooden stretcher bars and then stapled and held in place on the back. A hanging wire may then be affixed to the back of the artwork for easy wall hanging.
Deluxe Studio Framed Canvas - your canvas will be stretched as outlined above and then assembled into a custom, hand-built frame. You should contact us to discuss the frame style options available for this art piece. We can offer a variety of frame styles to suit your personal preference and tastes and will email you sample images for your review. If you purchase this artwork framed without first contacting us, your artwork will be framed in the default frame style, that has been specially and carefully chosen to complement and accentuate the colours and style of this artwork.
Choose your preferred option from the drop-down menu above.
What is a "giclee"?
Giclees are art pieces created using archival quality inks. The French term “Giclée” – literally meaning “spray of ink” – is used to describe these fine artwork creations. Multiple precision nozzles spray and mix up to ten million microscopic droplets of paint per second onto the fine art canvas. The giclee printing process therefore provides incredible colour accuracy and sensational high-definition detail. It's a rich feast for the eyes and creates a true museum-quality finish.
How do I care for my canvas?
Each canvas is meticulously hand-produced using the very finest, museum-quality archival inks and materials. Additionally, the canvas is specially treated with a UV coating to preserve its colours over time. We suggest keeping your canvas clean using a dry, lint free cloth. Never use a wet or moist cloth to clean your canvas.